Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dg123 <dg...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/20 01:43:45 UTC

How to use Camel for high throughput with multiple services?

Hi,

Total Camel noob here.

We have a use-case where we need to handle high request throughput in the
system:

1. Up to 400 documents per second.
2. Want fault tolerance.
3. Data comes in from RESTful services. Each data is a payload with a
sequence of steps to go through. Each step corresponds to a separate remote
service to pass the request to.  The payload may expand and contract
significantly as services work on it.
4. Want to be able to load balance per service.
5. Want to be able to autoscale each service's cluster.

How much of this can be implemented with ServiceMix and Camel?

I assume messages would come in and be queued by ActiveMQ or Kafka. Where
would Camel come in to do the pipelining?  And how would it interact with
the services and pass the eventual computation result back to the RESTful
service that originated it?

Thanks for any suggestions.