Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/02/14 23:02:50 UTC

Stability report on James v2.1.1

Just FYI, I have been running James v2.1.1 non-stop for the past 60+ hours
at a gated rate of 600 messages per minute.  That works out to over 2.2
million messages.  The SMTP client program, postal
(www.coker.com.au/postal), encounted 23 connection errors.    CPU
utilization on the James host, a 400MHZ Celeron, was a fairly constant 95%.

Current test configuration discards messages at the point where local
delivery would normally take place.  I'll probably enhance the test bed to
use rabid, so that we'll perform load testing on the entire path from
SMTPHandler through POP3Handler.

	--- Noel

RE: Stability report on James v2.1.1

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
That is with MySQL for the spool, which is the only active respository in
this test.

	--- Noel

can we further disclose that this is with MySQL for all repositories, or
have
you a mix ???

~client program, postal (www.coker.com.au/postal), encountered
~