Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/23 21:11:18 UTC

theoritical question, what if kafka was written in plane jane java?

Excluding the fact it would probably take longer to develop, but how much
would things change performance wise if kafka was written in Java (as
oppose to scala).

Do you think there would be significant gains?

Re: theoritical question, what if kafka was written in plane jane java?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
We use scala collections very heavily. There is probably some overhead in
that. However, I am not sure if it's significant. Compared to disk I/Os and
network overhead, the scala overhead is probably negligible.

Jun