Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Purcell, Scott" <sp...@ltcgroup.com> on 2001/06/15 18:43:14 UTC

Mod-Perl Installed next Q

Hello,
Thank you all and Ron for the link to savage.net to get my
Apache/Perl/ModPerl installed.
I was successful about 10 minutes ago and my machine looks happy.

Well, now that the package is running, how do I use the persistant memory,
do the .pl files need to be named something different. Or how does this
mechanism work by putting them in the cgi-bin? Do I just call a module in my
code?  I want to just play with the server but need to use the mod-perl
(persistant behavior). I have some clean code that I would like to move into
a bin dir and check.

What does one have to do to make this occur. Any links, or examples would be
helpful.

Thanks again,
Scott

Re: Mod-Perl Installed next Q

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Purcell, Scott wrote:

> Hello,
> Thank you all and Ron for the link to savage.net to get my
> Apache/Perl/ModPerl installed.
> I was successful about 10 minutes ago and my machine looks happy.
>
> Well, now that the package is running, how do I use the persistant memory,
> do the .pl files need to be named something different. Or how does this
> mechanism work by putting them in the cgi-bin? Do I just call a module in my
> code?  I want to just play with the server but need to use the mod-perl
> (persistant behavior). I have some clean code that I would like to move into
> a bin dir and check.
>
> What does one have to do to make this occur. Any links, or examples would be
> helpful.
>
> Thanks again,
> Scott

If you installed the binary package from theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca,
there's already a simple example of a script (contained in
/Apache/mod_perl/printenv.pl, and accessed as
http://localhost/mod_perl/printenv.pl) which uses Apache::Registry -
see C:/Apache/conf/httpd.conf for the directives setting this
up. Also, check httpd.conf and the readme files for descriptions
of the installed working examples of Apache::ASP, HTML::Embperl, and
HTML::Mason, as well as a stupid Apache::Hello handler. Beyond
this, as was also mentioned, http://perl.apache.org/, especially
the guide, and http://take23.org/, are your friends.

best regards,
randy kobes