Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Bare <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/20 03:44:36 UTC

Help with apache-mod_webapp-tomcat redirecting problem

I'm trying to set up an apache-mod_webapp-tomcat web
server.

My problem is that mod_webapp redirects certain kinds
of requests, and when it does this, it always uses the
value of [ServerName] set in httpd.conf. This is
problematic if I use localhost or an internal
(192.168.x.x) ip address to access the machine.

For example, let's say we've set ServerName =
www.mydomain.com

and I browse to http://localhost/examples/jsp/

I want to be redirected to:

http://localhost/tomcatdir/examples/jsp/index.html

NOT

http://www.mydomain.com/examples/jsp/index.html

Please tell me: does mod_jk have the same crappy
behaviour? Can this be circumvented by configuring
VirtualHost entries for localhost and 192.168.x.x? Do
most people just use tomcat by itself without another
web server?

Thanks!

-chris