Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Russ Lavoy <us...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/13 21:49:56 UTC

Dynamically Adding nodes to ZK Ensemble

Hello,

I would like to add ZK nodes dynamically to an ensemble.  I have seen https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-107 but I do not see any documentation on how to do this.

Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks

Re: Dynamically Adding nodes to ZK Ensemble

Posted by Russ Lavoie <us...@yahoo.com>.
Hi there,

When is 3.5 suppose to be released?  We are about to roll out ZK into active development and soon to production.

Thanks,

Russ

________________________________
Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
You should start it as whatever you want it to be in the new configuration.
In this case participant.

In fact if you start it as observer but try to add it to the ensemble as
participant reconfig may actually fail in some cases because you need a
quorum of voters from the new config to complete state transfer however
observers can't vote.

Posted by Deepak Jagtap <de...@maxta.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak,

Posted by Deepak Jagtap <de...@maxta.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Please post any issues you're having with Exhibitor on the Github site.

> I add a new zookeeper via the UI in exhibitor. It disappears from the UI
How do you have the shared configuration set? Is it S3? Shared file? Are there any errors in the log?

> The REST API is not working for me either.  Gives me invalid method even though I have nodemodification set to true…
There was a bug with this. Make sure you have the latest version.

-JZ

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.