Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Seeberger <Mi...@isys-software.de> on 2011/04/13 12:03:22 UTC

block-container with Attribute overflow="hidden" and right-aligned text

Hi there,

i have a problem with the attribute overflow="hidden" when using
text-align="right".

The behaviour is as following:
The word 'Instandhaltungsrücklage' is to large to fit in my table-column
so FOP should crop the word to, for example, *'Instandhalt'.*
But when using text-align="right" FOP crops the word to, for example,
*'andhaltungsrücklage'*.

Is there a way to force FOP to crop the right side of a word?

thx for your help
Michael Seeberger

Re: block-container with Attribute overflow="hidden" and right-aligned text

Posted by Michael Seeberger <Mi...@isys-software.de>.
Hey Vincent,

that worked ... thank you very much ;)

Greetings
Michael

Am 13.04.2011 12:40, schrieb Vincent Hennebert:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Provided that your text is meant to fit on one line, you may want to try
> something like this:
>
>      <fo:block-container width="50pt" overflow="hidden"
>        border="1pt solid black">
>        <fo:block text-align-last="justify"><fo:leader
>            leader-length.minimum="0"
>            leader-length.optimum="0"
>            leader-length.maximum="100%"/>Instandhaltungsrücklage</fo:block>
>        <fo:block text-align-last="justify"><fo:leader
>            leader-length.minimum="0"
>            leader-length.optimum="0"
>            leader-length.maximum="100%"/>Kurz</fo:block>
>      </fo:block-container>
>
> Basically you put some elastic space at the beginning of the line, that
> will push the word against the right margin if it’s short enough, and
> reduce to nothing if the word is too long.
>
> HTH,
> Vincent
>

> On 13/04/11 11:03, Michael Seeberger wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i have a problem with the attribute overflow="hidden" when using
>> text-align="right".
>>
>> The behaviour is as following:
>> The word 'Instandhaltungsrücklage' is to large to fit in my table-column so
>> FOP should crop the word to, for example, *'Instandhalt'.*
>> But when using text-align="right" FOP crops the word to, for example,
>> *'andhaltungsrücklage'*.
>>
>> Is there a way to force FOP to crop the right side of a word?
>>
>> thx for your help
>> Michael Seeberger

iSYS Software GmbH

Michael Seeberger | Softwareentwickler

Tel: +49 (0) 89 46 23 28-0 | Fax (0) 89 46 23 28-14
email: m.seeberger@isys-software.de
Lucile-Grahn-Str. 37 | D-81675 Muenchen
www.isys-software.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München | HRB 111760
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Peter Mandl und Michael Sailer

Re: block-container with Attribute overflow="hidden" and right-aligned text

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,