Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/11/21 17:43:18 UTC

Early review of DUCC pre-release - bin assembly contents

The readme needs updating re: building from source, with respect to the duccdocs
build.

It has a broken link to DUCC issues.  Here's a replacement link that worked for me:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20component%20%3D%20DUCC%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

I see the runtime/lib includes junit 4.8.2.  Is this needed as part of the DUCC
runtime?

The Readme (and release notes too) have lists what's in the binary
distribution.   It doesn't mention libpam4j, or jna 4.0.0 (b2).
It does mention Apache Mina, but I don't see a jar for that in the ducc_runtime/lib.

-Marshall

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - bin assembly contents

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Apache Mina jar is under Camel. Actually two MINA related jars are there.
One is a Camel provided MINA bridge code and the other is MINA
implementation. In retrospect MINA implementation jar should have been
placed in its own folder under lib. This change will require changes in
python script(s) that launch DUCC daemons. I propose opening JIRA and fix
it in a future release of DUCC.

Will investigate the jUnit dependency