Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Cameron Smith <ca...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/06/30 12:10:10 UTC

Re: OFBiz and Web Services

Hi Daniel.   In fact, subsequent to the post of mine
which Jacques referred to via tinyurl, I did solve
this issue but in a different way to Rodrigo.  I
believe I mentioned this on the ML a while back.

We implemented our own little library in .NET/C# which
bypassed the whole cumbersome .NET Web Services
framework (due to a documented limitation in .NET, it
cannot support OFBiz web services out of the box).

This meant that I did not have to alter OFBiz at all.
And I believe that it allows for faster development as
you do not have to regenerate any helper code on
either side (.NET or OFBiz) when you alter the
interface of an OFBiz service.

A supplemental alteration we made, which DID require a
small extension to OFBiz, was to allow the .NET client
app to authenticate via OFBiz, and then be treated as
authenticated for subsequent requests.

Since then, we had to focus on other projects and only
now (in the last few weeks) are we using this library
in anger to integrate one of our .NET products with
OFBiz.  So I believe there would still be a few bugs
to  tease out.

In the medium-term, I would consider releasing this
stuff under an open source license, however I have not
yet decided which, or where I could put it (OFBiz
doesn't have a place for C# extra code AFAIK).

In the meantime, if you would like to know more,
please contact me directly.

cheers,
cameron

Re: OFBiz and Web Services

Posted by devalpatel <de...@netweb.biz>.
Hi Cameron ,

We are facing problem in calling ofBiz services in the .Net.

I am able to use .Net services in ofBiz. But, I am not able to use the
exported ofBiz service in c# .net.

Due to ofBiz services return type Map, it creates problem in .Net.

Is there any simple code that successfully call the ofBiz service in c# .Net
.

I would appreciate your help/suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deval

Re: OFBiz and Web Services

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Cameron,

I will try to collect all information about that an put them in "my" FAQ/Cookbook on Confluence. This question pop up every quarters
or such...

Extra C# source may be placed in a specialpurpose component I guess. Except if there are licensing issues I'm not aware...

Jacques

De : "Cameron Smith" <ca...@yahoo.co.uk>