Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dag Ringdal <da...@clara.co.uk> on 2008/01/25 21:59:47 UTC

Latest sa-update

I run Kmail and uses Spamassasin. I have read that you should run the
following command:

sa-update && service spamassassin restart

I have done this several times, but I can't verify if it's the right way to do
the update, and I haven't found a way to check if I have got the latest
rules.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Dag

Re: Latest sa-update

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 10:49:22PM +0100, Dag Ringdal wrote:
> dbg: channel: current version is 611820, new version is 611820, skipping
> channel
>
> Does this mean I have the lastest version of Spamassassin?

Yes.  Current == New (ie: published).

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Sex is like air; it's not important unless you aren't getting any."

Re: Latest sa-update

Posted by Dag Ringdal <da...@clara.co.uk>.

Re: Latest sa-update

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:59:47PM +0100, Dag Ringdal wrote:
> sa-update && service spamassassin restart
>
> I have done this several times, but I can't verify if it's the right way to do
> the update, and I haven't found a way to check if I have got the latest
> rules.
>
> Can anybody give me a hint?

If you run "sa-update -D", you can see if there are any rule updates.

The man page and the wiki doc that's listed in there
(http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates) gives some good
information about how this all works, etc. :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"knock a few pedestrians down, the rest get out of your way. ;)"
         - Theo, the Zen of Driving