Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vivek Uppal <vu...@cornell.edu> on 2001/08/14 03:55:42 UTC

Problem with Tomcat and Xerces.

Hi Guys,

I want to use Tomcat 3.2.2 with xerces 1.4.2.

As I understand to use xerces with tomcat all I need to do is remove the files jaxp.jar and parser.jar from the lib of tomcat and add the file xerces.jar there. But that does not seem to work for me.

When I put the xerces.jar file in the lib and remove the jaxp.jar and parser.jar tomcat does not start.
It gives messages for adding the contexts in the webapps directory and dies out after that without giving any further messages.

Am I doing something wrong or there is some known problem with xerces 1.4.2 and tomcat 3.2.2

I have been stuck with the problem for quite a while. Your help will be appreciated.

Vivek