Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2013/11/21 18:55:33 UTC

Custom Validator 5.4

Hello, I'm trying to build a custom validator but noticed some changes
regarding the js in 5.4. Does anybody know of a simple approach to handling
the js piece of the code?

            javaScriptSupport.require("t5/core/validation");
            writer.attributes(DataConstants.VALIDATION_ATTRIBUTE, true,
                    "data-validate-maxscale", constraintValue.toString(),
                    "data-maxscale-message", buildMessage(formatter, field,
constraintValue));

I'm not sure if I should be using coffee or what I'm suppose to be doing.

Thanks.

Re: Custom Validator 5.4

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:10:22 -0200, George Christman
<gc...@cardaddy.com> wrote:

> I was looking at the validator js on github
>
> https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/bb255c0a144a19939d357c0f071570eea272c918/tapestry-core/src/main/coffeescript/META-INF/modules/t5/core/validation.coffee
>
> but found myself lost in the coffee script. Now if I understand you
> correctly, when the fields are rendered, data- attributes are added to
> the fields and then used by my validation js?

Yep!

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: Custom Validator 5.4

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
I was looking at the validator js on github

https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/bb255c0a144a19939d357c0f071570eea272c918/tapestry-core/src/main/coffeescript/META-INF/modules/t5/core/validation.coffee

but found myself lost in the coffee script. Now if I understand you
correctly, when the fields are rendered, data- attributes are added to the
fields and then used by my validation js?

Thanks Guys,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:55:33 -0200, George Christman <
> gchristman@cardaddy.com> wrote:
>
>  Hello, I'm trying to build a custom validator but noticed some changes
>> regarding the js in 5.4.
>>

>  Does anybody know of a simple approach to handling the js piece of the
>> code?
>>
>>             javaScriptSupport.require("t5/core/validation");
>>             writer.attributes(DataConstants.VALIDATION_ATTRIBUTE, true,
>>                     "data-validate-maxscale", constraintValue.toString(),
>>                     "data-maxscale-message", buildMessage(formatter,
>> field, constraintValue));
>>

> I'm sorry, I'm not sure I know what you're asking. Anyway, just think that
> the data you need to perform the validation client-side now follows the way
> better approach of being located in data-* attributes instead of variables.
> Now just make your validation JavaScript code search for elements with the
> data-* attributes you're adding and add the validation hooks to  them. Have
> you checked how the Tapestry validators are written? That's what I'd do
> until the documentation about it isn't available.
>

>  I'm not sure if I should be using coffee or what I'm suppose to be doing.
>>

> You don't need to use CoffeeScript yourself.
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: Custom Validator 5.4

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Custom Validator 5.4

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.
coffeescript ends up as javascript in the end, so just give the javascript
version a go, if that is where you feel most comfortable.

These pages have also helped me get some t5.4 javascript going:
http://people.apache.org/~hlship/t5api/