Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/19 21:55:18 UTC

Help Messages not coming correctly

Hi,
    Anyone else seeing this problem? I call openejb start -help and
the error messages are not coming.

C:\openejb-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT>openejb start -help
usage: start [options]

[Missing message cmd.start.description]
    --admin-bind <host>      [Missing message cmd.start.opt.bind]
    --admin-port <int>       [Missing message cmd.start.opt.port]
    --conf <file>            [Missing message cmd.start.opt.conf]
    --ejbd-bind <host>       [Missing message cmd.start.opt.bind]
    --ejbd-port <int>        [Missing message cmd.start.opt.port]
    --examples               [Missing message cmd.start.opt.examples]
 -h,--help                   [Missing message cmd.start.opt.help]
    --hsql-bind <host>       [Missing message cmd.start.opt.bind]
    --hsql-port <int>        [Missing message cmd.start.opt.port]
    --httpejbd-bind <host>   [Missing message cmd.start.opt.bind]
    --httpejbd-port <int>    [Missing message cmd.start.opt.port]
    --local-copy <boolean>   [Missing message cmd.start.opt.localCopy]
    --telnet-bind <host>     [Missing message cmd.start.opt.bind]
    --telnet-port <int>      [Missing message cmd.start.opt.port]
 -v,--version                [Missing message cmd.start.opt.version]

My openejb version is a few days old. So just wondering whether this
is still occurring.

Regards
Manu

Re: Help Messages not coming correctly

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 21, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Manu George wrote:

> Facing another problem. I see some more options when I start the
> openejb server in eclipse for debugging. activemq prt/addr, webadmin
> prt/addr, derby prt/addr. These are not coming when i run openejb in
> console. Looks like something is not getting picked up.

That's not an issue as the help message is supposed to be generic for
all of them.  Something like:

cmd.start.opt.port = Sets the port to which the {0} service should be
bound.

The reason you get more is that server services are pluggable;  add
them to the classpath and they're started (unless you disable it),
remove it from the classpath and they dissappear with no trouble.

We search in the classpath for:

   META-INF/org.apache.openejb.server.ServerService/themanuprotocol

Where themanuprotocol is a properties file containing the default
config for themanuprotocol.  If by default it isn't setup to be
disabled, then you'd see it in the startup:

   ** Starting Services **
   NAME                 IP              PORT
   httpejbd             0.0.0.0         4204
   telnet               0.0.0.0         4202
   ejbd                 0.0.0.0         4201
   hsql                 0.0.0.0         9001
   admin thread         0.0.0.0         4200
   themanuprotocol      0.0.0.0         4321

And you could hand out that jar to anyone who had an OpenEJB install
and they could throw it in their openejb.home/lib directory and use
it too.

Same rule applies to our command line commands.  You can add those
dynamically too.  You could make diagnostic commands for example and
give them to people and say, here run this and send me the output.

-David

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.