Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sébastien Filion <sf...@finrad.com> on 2008/03/06 13:51:55 UTC

Error when trying to load my repository dump in a clean repository

Hi,

I got an error when trying to load my repository dump in a clean repository...

This is the command that I launch:

F:\>MyRepository\Subversion\bin\svnadmin.exe load F:\MyRepository < REPOBACKUP\RepositoryDump.dmp

After 5 hours, I reach the revision 11495 and I got this error message:

------- Committed revision 11494 >>>

<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 11495

     * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/FactorAnalysis.Setup.msi ... done.

     * adding path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/MCRInstaller.exe ... done.

     * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program.FactorAnalysis/Launcher.cs ... done.

svnadmin: Can't open file 'F:\MyRepository\db\transactions\11494-1.txn\rev-lock': The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Is anybody has an idea how I can fix this error?

Thanks,

Sebas

RE: Re: Error when trying to load my repository dump in a clean repository

Posted by Sébastien Filion <sf...@finrad.com>.
Thanks a lot!

It was the good solution !

Now I'm sure that I'll be able to restore my repository if something happens!

Thanks,
Sebas

On Mar 6, 2008, at 07:51, Sébastien Filion wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got an error when trying to load my repository dump in a clean
> repository...
>
> This is the command that I launch:
> F:\>MyRepository\Subversion\bin\svnadmin.exe load F:\MyRepository <
> REPOBACKUP\RepositoryDump.dmp
>
> After 5 hours, I reach the revision 11495 and I got this error
> message:
>
> ------- Committed revision 11494 >>>
>
> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 11495
>      * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/
> FactorAnalysis.Setup.msi ... done.
>      * adding path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/Program/distrib/
> MCRInstaller.exe ... done.
>      * editing path : Compagny/Program/Trunk/src/
> Program.FactorAnalysis/Launcher.cs ... done.
> svnadmin: Can't open file 'F:\MyRepository\db\transactions
> \11494-1.txn\rev-lock': The process cannot access the file because
> it is being used by another process.
>
> Is anybody has an idea how I can fix this error?

Do you have a virus scanner running that is grabbing a hold of files
as soon as they're created? During a dump or load or many other
Subversion operations, many files are created and deleted, probably
more rapidly than your virus scanner can scan them. Turn off your
virus scanner for these files, in this directory, or just generally
while doing the load.

Re: Error when trying to load my repository dump in a clean repository

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.