Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Nes Cohen <nc...@muse.dev> on 2019/07/22 17:26:55 UTC

Static Analysis for Apache Storm

Hello Storm Devs,

I am one of the developers on MuseDev (https://muse.dev), an upcoming
static analysis platform. I have been testing out Muse on a lot of
different open source projects, and I noticed that we were getting a lot of
good results for Apache Storm such as this
<https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3088> null pointer exception, which I
submitted a pull request to fix.

The core value of MuseDev is the convenience of a platform to manage the
analysis tools such as Infer and error-prone which can be very useful, but
can also be a bit tricky to integrate with build systems and CI. I have
been trying to make them work for arbitrary projects, so I know the pain!
Muse will also deliver results for introduced and fixed bugs directly to
pull-requests as comments so as to integrate nicely with your existing code
review process. Results for the entire project will be viewable via our web
console.

I would be happy to answer any questions you guys might have about Muse! If
you would be interested in enabling Muse for Apache Storm, please let me
know. We are currently in private beta, but I can get you guys an
activation code. Using Muse will be free for open source projects.

Happy Hacking,
Nes