Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2004/07/19 02:47:36 UTC

RE: Cygwin/svn;v105: binary files specified with eol-style: nativegetting crlf-corrupted

Uh, ok.  Maybe we're talking about different things, but when I say
Cygwin "has" svn 1.0.5, that means it's an svn binary compiled
specifically for Cygwin.  Is that what you're saying I should be using?

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.

    Ben> I seem to remember someone else reporting this problem before
    Ben> on cygwin, and that the solution had something to do with
    Ben> configuring cygwin to use some sort of global "ascii" vs.
    Ben> "binary" mode on filedata?  Can anyone remember, or find a
    Ben> link to that mail thread?

It sounds like you're talking about "text-mode" versus "binary-mode"
mounts.  I've never tried it, but I've heard that using svn on a
text-mode mount is a Bad Idea.

If the original poster indeed has his working copy on a text-mode
mount, he should try creating a new binary mount of the same
directory, and seeing if things work better that way.

--
Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will
    be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.  John F. Woods

RE: Cygwin/svn;v105: binary files specified with eol-style: nativegetting crlf-corrupted

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 21:47, Karr, David wrote:
> Uh, ok.  Maybe we're talking about different things, but when I say
> Cygwin "has" svn 1.0.5, that means it's an svn binary compiled
> specifically for Cygwin.  Is that what you're saying I should be using?

Oop, sorry, I misunderstood.  If you're using the "official" cygwin port
of svn, then you're all set.