Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2015/08/01 11:47:01 UTC

Re: Move org.osgi.* modules to attic?

Am 29.07.15 um 14:32 schrieb Richard S. Hall:
> On 7/29/15 02:31 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we have modules for R4 of org.osgi.core, org.osgi.compendium and
>> org.osgi.foundation. As these are officially available in the maven
>> repo, I guess we can get rid of those.
>>
>> If no one objects, I'll remove them from trunk
>
> I think that's fine. We should probably think about whether any other
> subprojects can be moved out of trunk too.

Right, I also removed the old javax.servlet. If there is anything else,
now is a good time :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Move org.osgi.* modules to attic?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 03.08.15 um 10:13 schrieb Richard S. Hall:

> But we could probably go futher...
>
> For example, commons, sigil, servicebinder, etc. Some thorough
> housecleaning is probably long overdue.

Right, I removed those three. I'll follow up on housekeeping in general.

Carsten

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 8/1/15 05:47 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Am 29.07.15 um 14:32 schrieb Richard S. Hall:
>> On 7/29/15 02:31 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we have modules for R4 of org.osgi.core, org.osgi.compendium and
>>> org.osgi.foundation. As these are officially available in the maven
>>> repo, I guess we can get rid of those.
>>>
>>> If no one objects, I'll remove them from trunk
>> I think that's fine. We should probably think about whether any other
>> subprojects can be moved out of trunk too.
>>
> Right, I also removed the old javax.servlet. If there is anything else,
> now is a good time :)

Perhaps a simple rule would be every subproject more than a year that
has never made a release.

But we could probably go futher...

For example, commons, sigil, servicebinder, etc. Some thorough
housecleaning is probably long overdue.

-> richard