Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by sourmugster <so...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/30 00:36:23 UTC

Formbean list containing selected checkbox values twice

Hi,

I have created a form containing several input fields and a dynamically
generated list of checkboxes.

When I submit the form, all fields are put in the appropriate member
variables in my formbean.
For the checkboxes, a list is being used to contain the selected values.
The problem is, that the list contains all the selected items twice.

For instance.

JSP:

<netui:checkBoxGroup dataSource="actionForm.items"  orientation="vertical">
	<netui:checkBoxOption value="item1">item1</netui:checkBoxOption>
	<netui:checkBoxOption value="item2">item2</netui:checkBoxOption>
	<netui:checkBoxOption value="item3">item3</netui:checkBoxOption>
</netui:checkBoxGroup>

FormBean:

   public static class MyFormBean implements java.io.Serializable {
        private static final long serialVersionUID     = 43170698L;

        private List    items      = new ArrayList();
        private String lastName = "";

        public List getItems() {
            return items;
        }

        public void setItems(List items) {
            this.items = items;
        }

        public String getLastName() {
            return lastName;
        }

        public void setLastName(String lastName) {
            this.lastName = lastName;
        }

After selecting item1 and item3, the list looks like this:
	item1, item3, item1, item3

Has anyone encountered the same problem and perhaps found a solution for
this...

Thx in advance.
Geert

Re: Formbean list containing selected checkbox values twice

Posted by sourmugster <so...@gmail.com>.

sourmugster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a form containing several input fields and a dynamically
> generated list of checkboxes.
>
> When I submit the form, all fields are put in the appropriate member
> variables in my formbean.
> For the checkboxes, a list is being used to contain the selected values.
> The problem is, that the list contains all the selected items twice.

I found a solution for my problem...
It seems that a checkboxGroup needs to be bound to a String[] type.