Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leon Franzen <le...@tvworks.com> on 2010/07/21 20:39:40 UTC

Maven dependency size limit?

I appear to be encountering a bug in Maven 2.2.1 when downloading a
dependency that is over 2 GB.  Maven appears to successfully download it and
issues no WARN or ERROR messages.  However, the file is always truncated at
2147483647 bytes.  This happens to be the max value of a Java Integer.

I can download the artifact directly through wget and my web browser from
the same Nexus URL that Maven is using without a problem, so I'm positive
this is a Maven, not an environment or Nexus problem.

I've tried using the -Dmaven.wagon.provider.http=httpclient option but it
didn't change anything.  Maybe that's just for PUT requests at deploy time?

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Is there a fix?