Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/26 18:27:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Karaf 2.2.0 planning

Hi All,

Since our 2.1.0 release in September we have produced two patch
releases along the 2.1.x branch. I believe it is now time to switch
focus on preparing things for an up coming 2.2.0 release :)

I have already setup a Jira entry for tracking 2.2.0 issues & tasks
[1]. Over the next few days I and other community members will be
reviewing issues left in our Jira marked for 2.2.0 and other issues
that we think need to be included. In the mean time I would like to
start the discussion surrounding a target date to produce 2.2.0 and
subsequently create the 2.2.x maintenance branch (trunk becoming 2.3
snapshot line for new features, etc)?

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-249

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Karaf 2.2.0 planning

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
It appears that we have a consensus to wait at least a month before
revisiting a Karaf 2.2.0 release.

I'll kick off another 2.2.0 planning email thread come the new year.

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com>.
+1 to wait.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1 to wait

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 to wait.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for wait.

Regards

Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Karaf 2.2.0 planning

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
I think we can wait a month.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.