Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com> on 2006/01/07 06:34:45 UTC

Re: Newbie Question - Client Development - Axis Jars

Hello Mike,

Yes, that is right.
Your client uses JAX-RPC methods (javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory, etc.)
which are in jaxrpc.jar. Many of the classes in here are abstract
classes or interfaces, with the implementation classes in axis.jar.
To construct the SOAP messages to communicate with the server, Axis uses
SAAJ, which is in saaj.jar.
Axis has also dependencies on other jars such as log4j for its logging.
So basically you end up copying all jars to the machines you run your
client on.

Regards,
Dies