Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 18:49:57 UTC

Re: Ognl issues in tapestry 4.1.6

It would be helpful to see the Domain class. Perhaps there's an
overloaded method that's confusing the OGNL code. As you can see, it's
trying to generate bytecode for your expression, but failing for some
reason. Classloader issues can get very tricky inside this kind of
code.

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM,  <Ho...@algorithmics.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Ognl in 4.1.6 is behaving rather strangely(I believe this must be a bug)! We're trying to upgrade from 4.0.2.
> Here's a simplified version of what's happening in an insert component. value="ognl:content.domain['startDate']" renders correctly however value="ognl:content.domain[sharedPickerProperty]" where sharedPickerProperty is a property of the page and has initial-value="literal:startDate" results in
> org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.HiveMindExpressionCompiler] context=/opvantage - Error generating OGNL getter for expression content.domain[sharedPickerProperty] with root $DomainBase_42@3c1[edit:Event] and body:
> { return ((com.algorithmics.opvantage.model.domain.Event)(($DomainBase_42)$2).getContent().getDomain()).getStartDate();}
> org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to add method java.lang.Object get(ognl.OgnlContext, java.lang.Object) to class $ASTChain_121354aa5aa: [source error] no such class: com.algorithmics.opvantage.model.domain.Event
>
> Now obviously com.algorithmics.opvantage.model.domain.Event does exist because content.domain['startDate'] works!
> How can we get around this because in a dynamic application like ours we don't have the luxury of doing content.domain.startDate/content.domain['startDate'] because we don't know what the property name is at .page creation.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> Howard

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and proprietary to Algorithmics Incorporated and its affiliates ("Algorithmics"). If received in error, use is prohibited. Please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Algorithmics does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. Any commitment intended to bind Algorithmics must be reduced to writing and signed by an authorized signatory.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos