Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sean Lair <sl...@ippathways.com> on 2021/06/09 20:05:59 UTC

Primary Storage Allocation

We have two primary storage pools setup, both are NFS.  Both are functioning, but CloudStack is provisioning all our VMs on one of the two pools.  Is there a way to have CloudStack provision new VMs on the pool with the most available storage?  Or how does CloudStack pick between the two pools?

Thanks
Sean

Re: Primary Storage Allocation

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm myself troubleshooting the same issue on 4.11 (for a customer) - even
with "Random" set for the 'vm.allocation.algorithm' - the orred of pools
(when you check the logs) is always alphabeticall/ID-ascending

Which ACS version have you tested/are running?

Best,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Primary Storage Allocation