Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Caesar Samsi <ca...@mac.com> on 2015/06/11 00:26:37 UTC

DataNode not creating/writing log?

Hello,

I'm running Hadoop 2.6.0 and while the cluster runs I've not seen a log
created/written in the expected place.

What could cause this? Is it writing to another place? What is the default
directory?

Thank you, Caesar.

RE: DataNode not creating/writing log?

Posted by yves callaert <yv...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
Depends on what kind of logging your looking for.
Best guess is to look for the following files on your cluster:
./hadoop-env.sh
./yarn-site.xml
./log4j.properties
./mapred-site.xml

You can control the level of logging (info, warning) and the location through these files.
If you have an administrator console, look into the "HDFS" , "Yarn" and "Mapreduce" section.

With Regards,
Yves

From: caesarsamsi@mac.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org