Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Vollberg <da...@comcast.net> on 2004/06/30 17:53:07 UTC

cleaning up a removed webapp

I am trying to upgrade one of the webapps running on my Tomcat instance(version 4.1.x). To do so, I am removing a webapp from my Tomcat instance by using http://localhost:8080/manager/remove?path=/app. This app is running an in-memory database that isn't being cleaned up. When I go to install a newer version of my app(using manager/install), I am getting out of memory errors. I want to avoid having to shutdown Tomcat because that would take other webapps offline. I know I could increase the memory size for the instance, but am looking for a cleaner solution. Is there a listener hook or method I can put code into to shut down the database and otherwise clean up the app before it is removed by Tomcat?

Thanks,
Dave