Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond Augé <ra...@liferay.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/13 03:07:21 UTC

tomcat-coyote vs. tomcat-catalina modularity problem

tomcat-catalina imports org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.impl [1]
tomcat-coyote however does not export
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.impl

How would you like to address this?

Should tomcat-coyote simply export the package? or should the classes (two
Exceptions) be made part of the Coyote API (not a breaking change to
outsiders since it's like adding never before seen types.)

This affects all versions from what I can see. It's not a critical issue,
just a packaging and modularity one. It WOULD however come into play in
OSGi or JPMS use cases.

Thoughts?

Ray

[1]
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/main/java/org/apache/catalina/connector/Request.java#L110-L111

Re: tomcat-coyote vs. tomcat-catalina modularity problem

Posted by Raymond Augé <ra...@liferay.com.INVALID>.
👍 I'll prepare a pr.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.