Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Klosa Uwe <Uw...@ub.uu.se> on 2002/04/05 16:30:01 UTC

SV: Problem with ? and Y caracters

Are you using unicode for text file?

Uwe

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: MARTIN Franck [mailto:franck.martin@c-s.fr]
Skickat: den 5 april 2002 15:45
Till: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Ämne: Problem with € and Ÿ caracters

Does anyone know a way to render Ÿ using FOP?
I think the fop developpers have forgotten about this caracter because
ÿ, Ü, Ö, Ï are implemented and are correctly rendered...

I'm having a problem to get the € symbol from an http request and print
it in a text file. Oddly enough it prints out ? instead.

Any suggestion is welcome very much!!

Franck

Re: SV: Problem with ? and Y caracters

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
MARTIN Franck wrote:
> I am using FileWriter but i really have no idea if it implements unicode.
> Do you have any suggestion?

It does, in some sense, it will replace characters which can't
be expressed in the encoding of the output stream with something
else (a question mark character, presumably). You *can* try to
create a file writer with an UTF-8 output encodig (don't ask
me how...)

J.Pietschmann

Re: SV: Problem with ? and Y caracters

Posted by MARTIN Franck <fr...@c-s.fr>.