Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com> on 2002/11/21 06:41:34 UTC

Apache::DBI seg fault

Hi -

I am using Apache::DBI on my test server - all OK.

When I try to use it on my production server, I get the
following-> stdout:

Shutting down httpd..done
Starting httpd [ PERL ]

Syntax OK

stderr:

/etc/init.d/apache: line 206: 18040 Segmentation fault      $HTTPD_BIN
$INET6 -t -f /etc/httpd/httpd.conf $MODULES >/var/log/httpd/rcapache.log
2>&1
..failed

The rcapache.log file has _only_:

Syntax OK

My httpd.conf has:

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
PerlModule Apache::DBI

before any other includes; I have commented out my startup script
so that I am not actually using any Apache::DBI methods.

BOTH the test and production servers are using:

Apache/1.3.26 (Linux/SuSE) mod_perl/1.27
Linux/SuSE 8.1 - both with the latest patches.

I can find nothing in the httpd logs.

I know it must be some difference in my environment between the
test and production servers, but I am at wits end on how to
track this problem down. Could someone please push me in
the right direction?

Aloha => Beau.

RE: Apache::DBI seg fault

Posted by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com>.
Randy -

Thank you, I owe you lunch.

I thought I checked all relevant module versions, but your
msg spurred me to check again: DBI 1.28 was on production while
DBI 1.30 was on test! 1.30 WORKS! 1.28 DOESN'T WORK.

All is well - I am one happy camper ;)

Aloha => Beau.

> I am using Apache::DBI on my test server - all OK.
>
> When I try to use it on my production server, I get the
> following-> stdout:
> Shutting down httpd..done
> Starting httpd [ PERL ]
> Syntax OK
> stderr:
> /etc/init.d/apache: line 206: 18040 Segmentation fault      $HTTPD_BIN
> $INET6 -t -f /etc/httpd/httpd.conf $MODULES >/var/log/httpd/rcapache.log
> 2>&1
> ..failed
[ .. ]
> BOTH the test and production servers are using:
>
> Apache/1.3.26 (Linux/SuSE) mod_perl/1.27
> Linux/SuSE 8.1 - both with the latest patches.
>
> I can find nothing in the httpd logs.
>
> I know it must be some difference in my environment between the
> test and production servers, but I am at wits end on how to
> track this problem down. Could someone please push me in
> the right direction?
>
> Aloha => Beau.

Are both servers running the latest versions of DBI and the
relevant DBD::* driver? If not, try upgrading to see if that
helps.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Re: Apache::DBI seg fault

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Beau E. Cox wrote:

> I am using Apache::DBI on my test server - all OK.
>
> When I try to use it on my production server, I get the
> following-> stdout:
> Shutting down httpd..done
> Starting httpd [ PERL ]
> Syntax OK
> stderr:
> /etc/init.d/apache: line 206: 18040 Segmentation fault      $HTTPD_BIN
> $INET6 -t -f /etc/httpd/httpd.conf $MODULES >/var/log/httpd/rcapache.log
> 2>&1
> ..failed
[ .. ]