Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/27 11:52:33 UTC

Bytes in hbase thrift api

Can anyone provide me with type of bytes used with hbase thrift api..

I read the tutorial and democlient.java but it didnt work out !

So any help plzzzz !!

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Bytes in hbase thrift api

Posted by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com>.
Dalia -- are you setting the appropriate timeout in the TSocket
constructor?  The default value is 0, which results in an "infinite
timeout" according to the java.net.Socket docs.

Verify that your Thrift server is running (default port is 9090), and make
sure you specify a reasonable timeout to TSocket; typically the 3rd
parameters to the constructor.

Norbert

Re: Bytes in hbase thrift api

On 2012-02-27, at 6:14 PM, "Stack" <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone provide me with type of bytes used with hbase thrift api..
>>

> They have no type.  They are just bytes.
>
> What is your issue?  What is failing?
>
> St.Ack

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Bytes in hbase thrift api

On 2012-02-27, at 6:14 PM, "Stack" <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone provide me with type of bytes used with hbase thrift api..
>>

> They have no type.  They are just bytes.
>
> What is your issue?  What is failing?
>
> St.Ack

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Bytes in hbase thrift api

Posted by Dalia Sobhy <da...@hotmail.com>.
Yes it works..

But also another weird aspect is that when the device shuts down all the tables are lost.. So is this normal??
Note that am using cloudera chd3u3..

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Bytes in hbase thrift api

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.