Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/15 07:34:26 UTC

Redoing the website with Antora - status

Hi,

I’ve opened some issues (starting at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2772 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2772>) about my attempts to build a nice TomEE website with Antora.  There are quite a few questions I still have, and ideally I’ll get some feedback on them soon.  However, I’m about ready to make unilateral decisions on some of them in order to make progress.  At this point this is mostly around which content sources and which parts of these content sources should be included.

In particular, I plan to:

* Stop looking for the source for the files in svnpubsub not in any source I know about
* Remove the pages from tomee-site that aren’t in svnpubsub
* Combine the remaining pages from tomee-site and tomee-site-generator into an unversioned component
* Only have example documentation for 8.0.

Thanks
David Jencks

Re: Redoing the website with Antora - status

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.
I thought a bit more about the examples and versioning.

I didn’t check history, but my impression is that once written an example doesn’t change; if there’s a new capability to demonstrate, that results in a new example. Of course an example might be improved or it’s documentation extended, but if it worked on one version of tomee I’d expect it to continue to work on all later versions.

If this it true, then I think it would be easier to maintain and use the examples documentation if there was one version (“latest” or master) and each example had a “since version x.x.x” label.

I think the examples documentation is presented with the non-example documentation on the current site, but it is not on my preview site, since the “main” documentation is english-only and the examples is multilingual.

Thoughts?

David Jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cesar,