Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Co...@eng.sun.com on 2000/01/08 01:00:50 UTC

Context+Container merger

Hi,

Yet another change, I think it would be much cleaner if we
merge Context and Container.

Right now Container is used to store the Context mappings
and the list of servlets belonging to the Context. It's a lot
of "spagetti" between those.

( also, Container is a very generic name and doesn't fit very
well the function of "half of the Context").

If no one -1 it, I'll commit the changes tommorow or this evening.

Costin

Re: Context+Container merger

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
Costin.Manolache@eng.sun.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yet another change, I think it would be much cleaner if we
> merge Context and Container.
>
> Right now Container is used to store the Context mappings
> and the list of servlets belonging to the Context. It's a lot
> of "spagetti" between those.

I agree with the cleanup.

> ( also, Container is a very generic name and doesn't fit very
> well the function of "half of the Context").

If you name the combined thing Context, that leaves the term Container
free for reuse (in the Tomcat.Next sense) without any legacy issues.
Sounds good to me :-).