Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Chille <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/19 14:21:46 UTC

Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:24:25 -0800, Dwayne Ghant <dg...@temple.edu> wrote:
> The alarm is configured as any other servlet, with the addition of the
> run-at tag. The following configuration runs the servlet every 15
> minutes. If the hour is missing, e.g. :15 the service is run at the
> specified minute.
> 15 minute configuration
>
> <servlet name='alarm' servlet-class='test.TestAlarm'>
> <run-at>:00, :15, :30, :45</run-at>
> </servlet>

Will be the the RUN-AT-paramter evaluated by Tomcat 5.0x or by anybody else?

I implemeted a small testscenario but get no log-output for the service-method:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>timerTest</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>de.spoon.report.TimerTestServlet</servlet-class>
  <run-at>:01, :02, :03, :05, :06</run-at>
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

public class TimerTestServlet extends HttpServlet {

  private final static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(TimerTestServlet.class);

    super.init(config);
    logger.info("INIT: " + new Date());
  }

  public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws ServletException, IOException {

    logger.info("SERVICE: " + new Date());
   }
}

Did i something wrong?

Regards, Thomas.

Re: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
<run-at> is resin specific (non servlet compliant extension)

-Tim

Re: [OT] a website run on Tomcat and powered by Struts

Posted by t t <wa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks. I will think about it.
T. T.

Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gah!

Get rid of that book.gif, that looks like something from a late 80's BBS. ;-)

Grab one from here instead: http://art.gnome.org/art-icons/

Larry

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [OT] a website run on Tomcat and powered by Struts

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Gah!

Posted by t t <wa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks so much. That happened when I change to use Tiles.
T.T.

Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com> wrote:
You have an extra "" at the top of the page for some reason.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
You have an extra "<title></title>" at the top of the page for some reason.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Posted by t t <wa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, all,

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
> Will be the the RUN-AT-paramter evaluated by Tomcat 5.0x or by anybody else?

Use an external scheduler like Quartz or Flux.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com