Posted to user@flume.apache.org by terreyshih <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/25 02:40:03 UTC

generic java object source ?

Hi,

If I want to pass java objects as flume source, what would be the best way to do this ?

thanks,
-Terrey

Re: generic java object source ?

Posted by terreyshih <te...@gmail.com>.
Basically, I have some POJOs that come from a client source and that I would like to send through Flume.  Therefore, I would like to know what kind of flume source can I use for this purpose.

Yes, I could go with some sort of remote procedure call instead of using flume, but I have other sources of data (which are bytes/string based) coming from the client that  I am already using flume.

thanks,
Terrey

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.