Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sajidbigler <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 14:26:14 UTC

username availability check

hi friends,

can some one help me to  do username availability check using struts2.1.6
and ajax.where user enter user name ajax call will check availability from
database and if user aleady in database throws error otherwise allow  user
to enter other details.i tried to accomplish it by using bind but i was
unable to succesed on textfield using onClick event:(

Thanks

Sajid

Re: username availability check

Posted by sajidbigler <sa...@gmail.com>.
Can you send sample application to sajidbigler@gmail.com.
how ajax call and how get respose using yahooUI

Thanks

Re: username availability check

Posted by shekher awasthi <sh...@gmail.com>.
i did this using struts 2.0.11 and AJAX but for ajax i used YUI
inmy case when user was putting his/her tinnumber i was checking that
availability in the database before proceeding furthur.

if you need any help in this regard i can help you