Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Peter Samuelson <pe...@p12n.org> on 2006/07/03 06:07:59 UTC

Re: svn changelist --changelist

> [Malcolm Rowe]
> > It occurs to me that 'svn changelist' should probably also accept the
> > --changelist option, allowing:
> >
> >   svn changelist mynewchange --changelist mychange
> >
> > to rename a changelist

That intuitively tells me 'copy', not 'rename', the clist.

Also it strikes me that changelists have sub-commands which really
would be best expressed as actual sub-commands rather than options to
the one command:

  svn clist add mynewcl file1 file2 file3 dir1
  svn clist add mynewcl --clist myoldcl
  svn clist remove mynewcl file2
  svn clist clear mynewcl          # or svn clist remove --clear?

With three distinct verbs, it seems odd to have one be the 'default
action' and the other two only happen if you _modify_ the default
action with an option.

[Ben Collins-Sussman]
> On another note,  I'm starting to realize now that the '--changelist'
> switch is too long a name.

cl and clist both seem reasonable.  Or have changelist with cl as an
alias, much like propset -> ps.