Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Brian Buchanan <Br...@wescoair.com> on 2015/02/06 18:21:30 UTC

JSPWiki no results from LuceneSearchProvider

Hello,

I migrated from an old Windows Sever running Tomcat5 to a new Ubuntu 14.04 server running Tomcat6 and I'm not getting any search results when I use the default LuceneSearchProvider.

When I tested switching to BasicSearchProvider, I do get search results.

Is there something missing from the Server install of Ubuntu that Lucene needs to return results?

Brian

========================================================================================================================

This email may contain material that is confidential and/or privileged and is for the sole use of its intended recipient. All pricing information contained in this email or any attachment to
this email is confidential and proprietary information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others, without express permission, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,

========================================================================================================================

RE: JSPWiki no results from LuceneSearchProvider

Posted by Brian Buchanan <Br...@wescoair.com>.
I have tried deleting the lucene directory and that didn't work.

I setup a new Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server and it works there.  I will try to compare the two installs.

BTW, Did you know the quick start instructions don't work?  Otherwise a pretty straight forward install;
1. apt-get install tomcat6
2. put JSPWiki.war in /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps
3. bounce tomcat
4. http://{yourip}:8080/JSPWiki/Install.jsp
5. Get a 404 Error
6. sudo service tomcat6 stop
7. sudo vim /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/jspwiki-custom.properties containing:
log4j.appender.FileLog.File=/tmp/jspwiki.log
8. sudo service tomcat6 start
9. http://{yourip}:8080/JSPWiki/Install.jsp
10. Get a 404 Error
11. sudo service tomcat6 stop
12. sudo mkdir /usr/share/tomcat6/jspwiki-files
13. sudo chown tomcat6:tomcat6 /usr/share/tomcat6/jspwiki-files
13. sudo service tomcat6 start
14. http://{yourip}:8080/JSPWiki/Install.jsp
15. Fill in Page Storage with "/usr/share/tomcat6/jspwiki-files"
16. Click Configure
17. sudo cp /tmp/tomcat6-tomcat6-tmp/jspwiki-custom.properties /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/
18. sudo service tomcat6 stop
19. sudo service tomcat6 start
20. http://{yourip}:8080/JSPWiki/Install.jsp and get redirected to the logon page

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.com>.