Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/16 19:23:45 UTC

Decision-making process

Making decisions by consensus is one of the (IMO) most fundamental
prerequisites to a successful graduation from the Incubator.  The
basic, and default, approach to this is specified here [1].  We should
assume we are operating by these rules until and unless we as a PPMC
vote, by these rules, to customize DeltaSpike's rules.  One topic I
would raise for discussion is the possibility of deviating from the
standard guidelines on the subject of code modification votes.  In the
Ant project, for example, all committers have a binding vote on code
modifications [2].  We might want to consider whether such an approach
would be empowering to committers who have not yet been "promoted" to
the (P)PMC in a way that we would consider beneficial for
community-building.  Other members of the PPMC might have their own
suggestions on customizations to DeltaSpike's decision-making
process--please speak up!

Matt

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
[2] http://ant.apache.org/bylaws.html#Decision Making