Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by la...@seko-se.de on 2010/08/06 17:34:55 UTC

Running derby with JVM CreMe?

Hello, all,

after searching the web it seems to me that there is at least one person who
succeeded in using derby with the JVM CreMe for PDAs. But my own trials
did not end in success.
With Derby 10.2. I'm getting this:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method

and with the newest version 10.6.1.0 I get

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException: method
initCause(Ljava/lang/Throwable;)Ljava/lang/Throwable; not found
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException.<init>()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>()
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>()
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection()
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect()
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection()
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection()
	at de.seko_se.milkrun.database.DerbyConnector.initDb()
	at de.seko_se.milkrun.database.DerbyConnector.<init>()

This is the same with the Demo-Application "SimpleMobileApp" from derby's
demo directory.

The code which causes these errors is this:

	String derbyPrefix = "jdbc:derby:";
	String dbName = "someName";
	Properties props = new Properties();
	props.setProperty("create", "true");
	String derbyHome =
        new File("\\some\\Directory").getAbsolutePath();
      System.setProperty("derby.system.home", derbyHome);

	EmbeddedSimpleDataSource ds = new EmbeddedSimpleDataSource();
      ds.setDatabaseName(dbName);
      ds.setCreateDatabase("create");
      Connection connection = ds.getConnection();

The Derby-Home directory is created, the Jar-Files needed are in the classpath.
Is there something missing? Can anybody help me getting this code to work?

--
Thanks for all help,

Gerhard Landeck

____________
Virus checked by G Data AntiVirus
Version: AVA 21.1868 dated 06.08.2010
Virus news: www.antiviruslab.com

Re: Running derby with JVM CreMe?

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
landeck@seko-se.de writes:

> Hello, all,
>
> after searching the web it seems to me that there is at least one person who
> succeeded in using derby with the JVM CreMe for PDAs. But my own trials
> did not end in success.

I am not familiar with CreMe, and I haven't heard it discussed as a
viable platform for Derby in the dev community so far. If you find out
conclusively that using Derby with it is possible, I'd be interested
to hear.

Dag