Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Gustavo Frederico <gu...@thinkwrap.com> on 2016/09/23 19:02:19 UTC

"Unifying Multichannel Data with Webhooks" - user identities

The page at http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/datacollection/webhooks/
speaks about "Unifying Multichannel Data with Webhooks" saying that
"Webhooks are used to collects data for your application from multiple
channels automatically."  Where can I get more details about these
"webhooks" ? I'm thinking specially about the need to correlate user
identities from separate data sources. Is there something inside the
Event Server to work with that, or does that need to exist outside
PIO?

Thanks

Gustavo

Re: "Unifying Multichannel Data with Webhooks" - user identities

Posted by Gustavo Frederico <gu...@thinkwrap.com>.
Thanks for the information. These webhooks are interesting.

Yes, what I meant by the need to correlate user identities is that I'm
foreseeing that I'll have user ids in events coming from separate
systems, and while they will have different ids, they represent the
same person. So I need to correlate them. Pat answered in the other
list that there's nothing special in the Event Server to help with
that. When I get to implement this scenario, I'll look at some fast
persistence thingy (NoSQL probably) to store the user id associations.
I'm not sure if that will be as webhook or before the events get to
the Event Server, but now that I've seen the webhooks, I may go with
it.

Thanks

Gustavo

Posted by Kenneth Chan <ke...@apache.org>.