Posted to user@spark.apache.org by issues solution <is...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 09:52:40 UTC

why we can t apply udf on rdd ???

hi
what kind of orgine of this error  ???

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot evaluate expression:
PythonUDF#Grappra(input[410, StringType])

regrads

Re: why we can t apply udf on rdd ???

Posted by Andrés Ivaldi <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
what Spark version are you using?
Did you register the UDF?
How are you using the UDF?
Does the UDF support that data type as parameter?

What I do with Spark 2.0 is
-Create the UDF for each dataType I need
-Register the UDF to sparkContext
-I use UDF over dataFrame not RDD, you can convert it easily
-then dataSet.withColumn( myColumn, expr("myUDF(myColumn)") )

--
Ing. Ivaldi Andres