Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com> on 2000/11/13 19:59:09 UTC

Bean construction.

Based on the work I've done so far, it would appear that the classes
that can be passed through SOAP must adhere to a special kind of
construction.  The BeanSerializer, in particular, seems to require that
the attributes of the class be exposed through public accessors.  I have
not found anything in the documentation, however, that specifies how
classes must be built in order to be serialized and deserialized
correctly by SOAP.  Can anyone either point me to the correct document
or give me a brief run-down on the specifics?

It is possible that I'm not using the right serializer, but
BeanSerializer appears to be the only one available to handle classes
(as long as those classes are properly built).  Is it safe to assume
that I could write my own serializers?

Thanks!
David

--