Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Pavel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/20 17:32:48 UTC

Authentication. getRemoteUser?

Hi,

I'm implementing my own authentication in my portal and I'd like it to
propagate to portlets. AFAIU request.getRemoteUser() is the only
JSR-168ish way... Is there any way to control it? I don't see anything
in the Pluto SPI, and the implementation of the PortletRequest just gets
the RemoteUser straight from HttpServletRequest. But according to
PLT.11.1.6 of JSR-168 spec I should be able to implement my own AuthType.

Are there any plans for an optional AuthenticationService?

Thanks,

Pavel

Re: Authentication. getRemoteUser?

Posted by Pavel J <pa...@gmail.com>.