Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Christian Meder <ch...@absolutegiganten.org> on 2005/09/07 00:12:50 UTC

Re: svn commit: r279082 - in /struts/site/trunk/xdocs: acquiring.xml helping.xml

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 20:00 +0000, husted@apache.org wrote:
> +    <p>
> +        To create a patch, you first have to
> +        <a href="file:///e:/projects/Apache/struts/site/target/docs/acquiring.html#Source_Code">
> +        checkout</a> a copy of the sourcecode or documentation from the main
> +        repository.

Shouldn't the URI be set to just <a href="acquiring.html#Source Code"> ?

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: chris@absolutegiganten.org

The Way-Seeking Mind of a tenzo is actualized
by rolling up your sleeves.

                (Eihei Dogen Zenji)

Re: svn commit: r279082 - in/struts/site/trunk/xdocs:acquiring.xml helping.xml

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Christian Meder" <ch...@absolutegiganten.org>

> Ok. I was mostly refering to the file:-notation in the change (<a
> href="file:///e:/projects/Apache/struts/site/target/docs/acquiring.html#Source_Code">)
> which I found to be irritating. Will the xdoc plugin correctly replace
> this file-URI ?

Oops, I picked up the change from "Source_Code" to "Source Code" and have
recently spent a LOT of time dealing with anchors. ;)

Yes, I think that URL does need to be changed.  Ted?

--
Wendy

Re: svn commit: r279082 - in /struts/site/trunk/xdocs:acquiring.xml helping.xml

Posted by Christian Meder <ch...@absolutegiganten.org>.
On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 15:43 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> From: "Christian Meder" <ch...@absolutegiganten.org>
>
> > Shouldn't the URI be set to just <a href="acquiring.html#Source Code"> ?
>
> No, the Maven xdoc plugin creates anchors by taking the section's 'name'
> attribute and replacing spaces and special characters with underscores.
> That makes for some very long anchor names, which is why you see some <a
> name="abc"/> tags above the <section> tags.

Ok. I was mostly refering to the file:-notation in the change (<a
href="file:///e:/projects/Apache/struts/site/target/docs/acquiring.html#Source_Code">) which I found to be irritating. Will the xdoc plugin correctly replace this file-URI ?

Or should it read <a href="acquiring.html#SourceCode"> ?

				Christian

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Christian Meder" <ch...@absolutegiganten.org>