Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/05/17 20:59:39 UTC

Re: DistCp testcase failing

Hi Jay,

I ran the test with 3.1.3 on my box and it runs fine. Can you please rerun it and let me know if it only happens intermittently? This behavior is seen because from machine to machine having different processing loads at different instances in time, the test can error out because it has a fixed time limit.

Thanks,
---
Mona Chitnis

From: Oozie <mo...@gmail.com>>
To: Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>>
Subject: Fwd: Hi

Hi Mona
Just checking if you have any thoughts on this issue..

Thanks

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jay Vasan <mo...@gmail.com>>
Date: May 16, 2012 6:27:03 PM MST
To: <ma...@incubator.apache.org> oozie-dev@incubator.apache.org<ma...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hi

Hi Mona
Thanks for replying - I am trying 3.1.3 version

Here's the exception trace i see -

----
Test set: org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.TestDistCpActionExecutor
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 66.586 sec <<< FAILURE!
testSimpestdistCpSubmitOK(org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.TestDistCpActionExecutor)  Time elapsed: 1.814 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.TestDistCpActionExecutor.testSimpestdistCpSubmitOK(TestDistCpActionExecutor.java:62)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junitcore.ClassDemarcatingRunner.run(ClassDemarcatingRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:128)
at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:24)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Thanks
Jay

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Mona Chitnis <<m...@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
Hi Jay,

Which version of Oozie are you using? Also, can you look into the
core/target/surefire-reports directory for the output files that show the
exception trace and specify it here?

--
Mona Chitnis

Re: DistCp testcase failing

Posted by Virag Kothari <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Jay,

In addition to Mona's reply, you can run a single test using
bin/mkdistro.sh -Dtest=TestDistCpActionExecutor

Thanks,
Virag

------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
-
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 66.586 sec <<<
> FAILURE!
> testSimpestdistCpSubmitOK(org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.TestDistCpActionExecu
> tor)  Time elapsed: 1.814 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
> at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:48)
> at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
> at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
> at
> org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.TestDistCpActionExecutor.testSimpestdistCpSubmi
> tOK(TestDistCpActionExecutor.java:62)
> at
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.j
> ava:25)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:168)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:134)
> at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
> at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
> at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
> at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
> at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:243)
> at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:238)
> at
> org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:83)
> at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.junitcore.ClassDemarcatingRunner.run(ClassDemarcatin
> gRunner.java:58)
> at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:128)
> at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:24)
> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java
> :886)
> at

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908>
)