Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2004/02/04 11:55:32 UTC

Re: Any examples of how we can simplify ant build.xml with templa tes (?)

On Feb 4, 2004, at 1:15 AM, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> child/build.xml
> - import the template.xml
> - override targets, if needed (see "Target overriding" in importĀ“s
> manual)
>     class Super { void meth(); }
>     class Sub
>       extends Super {          -->  <import>
>         void newMeth();        -->  <target>
>         void meth() {
>              super.meth();     -->  <antcall target="Super.meth"/>
>         }
>     }

Is there a way to call "super" in this scenario without using <antcall>?

Another interesting trick is to define "abstract" targets in the super
build which require implementation in the sub build.  So rather than
overriding targets, I think I prefer to define pre abstract targets.

	Erik