Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com> on 2007/09/24 18:37:24 UTC

Deployer needs internet access?

Hi, all,

I'm trying to deploy SPECjAppServer2004 on G2.0.1, and ejb-jar.xml files
in SjAS modules start with the following lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

When I try to deploy those modules, the deployment fails (see the stack
at the end of this mail [1]) with a ConnectException in
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient. So I supposed the problem is in that HTTP
URL in DOCTYPE declaration. As I'm besides a firewall, I've added
http.proxyHost/Port properties to Geronimo startup and the issue
disappeared.

Does it mean that Geronimo needs access to Internet to work properly? Is
it true or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Vasily Zakharov
Intel ESSD

[1] 19:51:58,509 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Failed parsing
descriptors for module: C:\VMZ\Temp\geronimo-deploymentUtil50850.jar
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(Ejb
ModuleBuilder.java:239)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(Ejb
ModuleBuilder.java:168)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLI
B$$cd80af20.invoke(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:830)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:35)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4ad8
1242.createModule(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules(EARConfi
gBuilder.java:767)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(EARConfi
gBuilder.java:384)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(E
ARConfigBuilder.java:277)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$
38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:830)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperation
Invoker.java:35)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyM
ethodInterceptor.java:96)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.CorbaGBeanNameSource$$EnhancerByCGLI
B$$82058c57.getDeploymentPlan(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:234)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:126)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invo
ke(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:865)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239
)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1cccefc9.invok
e(<generated>)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInv
oker.java:38)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.j
ava:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.jav
a:865)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239
)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.
java:168)
	at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.j
ava:213)
	at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
	at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBea
nServerInterceptor.java:815)
	at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionI
mpl.java:1408)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(RMIConnectionIm
pl.java:81)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RM
IConnectionImpl.java:1245)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIC
onnectionImpl.java:1348)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.j
ava:782)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.ja
va:707)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot unmarshall the
ejb-jar.xml file:
jar:file:/C:/VMZ/Temp/geronimo-deploymentUtil50850.jar!/META-INF/ejb-jar
.xml: null
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readEjbJar(ReadDescriptors.jav
a:260)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.deploy(ReadDescriptors.java:52
)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(Ejb
ModuleBuilder.java:237)
	... 59 more
Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(Unm
arshallerImpl.java:196)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unma
rshallerImpl.java:167)
	at
javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(AbstractUnmars
hallerImpl.java:120)
	at
javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(AbstractUnmars
hallerImpl.java:103)
	at
org.apache.openejb.jee.JaxbJavaee.unmarshal(JaxbJavaee.java:103)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readEjbJar(ReadDescriptors.jav
a:255)
	... 61 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
	at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:382)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:509)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:231)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:304)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:316)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConn
ection.java:817)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnecti
on.java:769)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.ja
va:694)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
tion.java:938)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEnt
ity(XMLEntityManager.java:973)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XML
EntityManager.java:905)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(
XMLEntityManager.java:872)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource
(XMLDTDScannerImpl.java:282)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispat
cher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1021)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.s
canDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML1
1Configuration.java:834)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML1
1Configuration.java:764)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.jav
a:148)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Abstr
actSAXParser.java:1242)
	at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:333)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(Unm
arshallerImpl.java:194)
	... 66 more
Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
Registered legal address: 125252, Moscow, Russian Federation,
Chapayevsky Per, 14.

Re: Deployer needs internet access?

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.
David Blevins <da...@...> writes:

> This looks like a bug.  Filed a jira here:  https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/OPENEJB-700

It seems the problem is not fully resolved.

On G2.1 (with OpenEJB 3.0 beta 2) I still can't deploy SjAS'04 when beyond the
firewall if proxy is not set properly:

Error: Unable to distribute SPECjAppServer.ear:
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot read the ejb-jar.xml file:
jar:file:/C:/Temp/geronimo-deploymentUtil48973.jar!/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml:
Connection timed out: connect

Any ideas what could be the cause?

Vasily

Re: Deployer needs internet access?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Nov 23, 2007 12:01 PM, Akram Ben Aissi <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Otherwise, is there a workaround to deploy successfully event when offline
> (or behind a proxy) ?
> This is very very annoying  :( .
> Any workaround would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if it works or not, but I'd upgrade all the libs in
geronimo\repository\org\apache\openejb to the latest snapshot version
(published tomorrow evening CET). Do it for 2.0.2 where
openejb-3.0-beta-1 is used and for 2.1-SNAPSHOT with
openejb-3.0-snapshot. Very annoying, but worth to give it a try before
openejb-3.0-beta-2's on the shelves.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Deployer needs internet access?

Posted by Akram Ben Aissi <ak...@gmail.com>.

Kevan Miller wrote:

> Right. Just need to get OpenEJB to actually release beta-2.
> --kevan

Hello all,

Otherwise, is there a workaround to deploy successfully event when offline
(or behind a proxy) ?
This is very very annoying  :( .
Any workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Akram

Re: Deployer needs internet access?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 17, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2007 8:29 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Right. Just need to get OpenEJB to actually release beta-2.
>
> Unless the jars are not published, they should be already included in
> the latest builds of Geronimo, shouldn't it? That doesn't preclude
> openejb3 beta2 from being released though.

Right. We're currently picking up 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Vasily was asking
about a 2.1 "release". We'll need an OpenEJB release prior to a
Geronimo 2.1 release.

--kevan

Re: Deployer needs internet access?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.