Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2008/06/07 03:07:51 UTC

[ApacheDS][BigBang] Disabling Trigger & SP tests

Hi gang,

For the weekend I'm going to get this BB branch back in order with all our
changes to finally cleanup the protocol-ldap module, and remove JNDI from
the picture (making JNDI an optional adapter that wraps the
DirectoryService).

I just started trying to fix the trigger and SP code but these recent
changes have it way bent out of shape.  However, I now see how we can make
this subsystem much better thanks to the removal of JNDI and the presence of
OperationContexts.  I got stuck trying to modify the trigger specification
to pass in a CoreSession instead of a JNDI context.  However, now I am
thinking of passing in the OperationContext that raised the trigger is the
best option.  Perhaps both may be required even though the
OperationContext.getSession() method returns the session of the user
triggering the invocation.

I say both because even though the OperationContext holds a referrence to
the CoreSession associated with the user triggering the SP invocation, we
may need to execute the SP with the permissions of the owner.  In this case,
another CoreSession object may need to be passed in as an argument to be
used as the session to perform operations with.  Some thought may be
required here but it's a heck of a lot easier than when we dealt with JNDI.

Anyways, I'm just going to forgo messing with this until later when we can
correctly figure out what we're going to do with triggers and SPs.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS][BigBang] Disabling Trigger & SP tests

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

That's fine and we can together have a look at better implementation options
after the big merge.

Thanks.

--
Ersin Er