Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2007/12/19 15:21:03 UTC

IllegalStateException caused by ExtensionsFilter during stresstests

Hi,

during my JMeter test I get sometimes(!) following exception:

 [    8061] [2007-12-19 14:36:30,556] http-8080-Processor24 [ERROR]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke: Servlet.service()
for servlet jsp threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter not correctly
configured. Resource mapping missing. Resources cant be delivered.
Please see: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html

                at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.throwExtension
sFilterMissing(AddResourceFactory.java:358)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.checkEnvironme
nt(AddResourceFactory.java:337)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.getInstance(Ad
dResourceFactory.java:273)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.document.DocumentHeadRenderer.writeBeforeEnd(D
ocumentHeadRenderer.java:54)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.document.AbstractDocumentRenderer.closeTag(Abs
tractDocumentRenderer.java:70)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.document.AbstractDocumentRenderer.encodeEnd(Ab
stractDocumentRenderer.java:83)

                at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:539
)

                at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeEnd(UIComponentTag.java:498)

                at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UIComponentTag.java:366)

                at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.layout.simpleLayout_jsp._jspService(simpleLay
out_jsp.java:135)

                at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)

                at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

                at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:331)

                at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)

                at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)

                at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:269)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:691)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applicatio
nDispatcher.java:469)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:403)

                at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:301)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(S
ervletExternalContextImpl.java:419)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.disp
atch(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:236)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.rend
erView(JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.java:222)

                at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.
java:108)

                at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.j
ava:233)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderRespon
seExecutor.java:41)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:132
)

                at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:140)

                at
com.recommind.litigation.client.web.servlets.FacesServletWrapper.service
(FacesServletWrapper.java:144)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:269)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.xmlfilter.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLF
ilter.java:127)

                at
org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.xmlfilter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.jav
a:277)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFil
ter.java:190)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
com.recommind.litigation.client.web.filters.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFi
lter.java:239)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
com.recommind.litigation.client.web.filters.EncodingFilter.doFilter(Enco
dingFilter.java:49)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
com.recommind.litigation.client.web.filters.TimerFilter.doFilter(TimerFi
lter.java:55)

                at
tionFilterChain.java:215)

                at
erChain.java:188)

                at
e.java:213)

                at
e.java:174)

                at
:127)

                at
:117)

                at
java:108)

                at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
51)

                at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:87
4)

                at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:528)

                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:81)

                at
.java:689)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am 100% sure that the exensionFilter is correctly mapped and the app
is working well for more than 1 year now.

The error occurs only sometimes If I execute JMeter tests with various
parallel users and wait factors. It can occur with 5 parallel users and
the next test with 20 users or more is working fine.

If this error occurred and I restart the same test again it finishes in
most of the tests without problems.

The error did not occur outside stresstests.

Strange, or ?

Any ideas?

Is there anywhere a problem with parallel processing ?

Envoironment:

myFaces 1.1.5

tomahawk 1.1.5

tiles

jdk 1.5.014

tomcat 5.5.25

Michael

Re: IllegalStateException caused by ExtensionsFilter during stresstests

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.
I tried setting

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.CHECK_EXTENSIONS_FILTER</param-name>
<param-value>false</param-value>

But I am still getting those exceptions... What am I missing?

BTJ

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.