Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/06/04 20:06:45 UTC

RE: import java files from jsp

> Hello, I have some jsp files under /jsp, and by default, the
> java files used
> by these jsp files should be put under /jsp/Web-INF/classes/, is there
> anyway that I can specify under tomcat's configuration file
> and make the jsp
> pages under /jsp to look for java files else where? so
> /myjavaclass?????

As long as the classes are in the classpath for your tomcat jvm instance
they will be found.  This is a bad practice though seeing as if duplicate
class instances(which are different in code, signature, etc...) can cause
problems if they exist in the classpath before your intended class.  Any
particular reason you wish to do this...?  Just curious;)

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com