Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Andrei Vojakine <vo...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/04/28 19:52:24 UTC

changing log level on repository scanner

Hi all

I am trying to find a way how to change log level on the repository
scanner. Right now out of the box on 1.0.2 version it is DEBUG. I have
pretty big repo and I scan it once an hour.  Every day Archiva produces
close to 400 MB of logs. So far I found two places where I can change the
log level:

add
org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.scanner.level=INFO

$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/logging.properties

and #2

in
$TOMCAT_HOME/archiva/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml

  <logger name="org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.scanner">
    <level value="debug" />
  </logger>

change debug value to info or  warn

I am not sure which one is right.

Thank you

Andrei Vojakine

Re: changing log level on repository scanner

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It's the latter - however, I haven't experienced this - it is set to
info for me.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter